* Choose darker solid colors such as black, navy blue and gray. Black rules!
* Dress monochromatic, all in one color, top to bottom, no patterns.
* If you want to wear patterns, go for smaller ones that overlap.
* Avoid horizontal stripes. Look for thin vertical and and diagonal lines for a fluid look.
* Select accessories to draw attention from trouble spots.
* Wear clothes that fit. Not too baggy but not tight and clingy.
* Avoid bulky sweaters and sweatshirts.
* Always try on clothes. Different designers have different size charts.
* Avoid pleats. Flat front pants and skirts are instant slimmers.
* Low-rise pants that hit just below your navel will lengthen your torso.
* For longer looking legs, skirts should fall right above the knee.
* Forego the frills. Extra ruffles and material only add bulk.
* If you have a large bust, invest in a good support bra.
* Avoid shiny fabrics such as velour and satin.
* High heels add height and shapes your legs. That's why you always see runway models in heels.
* Dark panty hose will make large legs appear thinner.
* Stay away from patterned leggings.
* Wear undergarment foundations such as control top pantyhose and shapers.
* If you prefer wearing a sleeveless dress, cover your upper arms with a sheer, elegant shawl.
* Choose open collar shirts and scoop necklines.
* Avoid small handbags. Stick with a medium-sized bag in proportion to your body.
* A dress with matching coat can hide bulges.
* Match your belt and shoes to your skirt or pants to make your legs appear longer.
* Don't tuck your shirt in. Buy those that fall just below your waist, but aren't too long.
* V-neck shirts will make your torso appear longer.
* You can still wear bright colors, just not on your problem areas.
* Frilly clothes are a no-no and just add to your overall size.
* Avoid too-tight pants that cling to your hips and thighs. Instead, try trousers with comfortable legs and wide cuffs.
* For longer, thinner-looking legs, opt for an asymmetrical, tiered skirt.
* If you're a petite woman, wear the highest heel you're comfortable with to add some height.
* A thick waistband helps flatten the tummy.